Quick & one-pot, tomato-ey sauce, aromatic spices, colorful veggies & creamy organic tofu make this one tasty dish!
And rest assured, you will have lot of flavor in this recipe - without having to run the town to find that 'special sauce' or that 'magic, secret' ingredient!! Not to mention, that you will never use that 'special sauce' or 'spice' or the magical 'secret' ever again. LOL. You know how that ends - you find that 'special ingredient' that you so needed, one day in the fridge or pantry while spring cleaning and by that time, it has expired - only fate is to end up in recycling bin. LOL.
The art is to make recipes with simple, affordable ingredients you already have and only spend the money where it is most needed - on organic produce.
Now that you are on The Garden Recipe, you just can't help but see both your money and health increase..:). Also, see the pics and you will know the quantity this makes. If wanting less, then reduce your rice to whatever quantity you need. Simple!
NOTE: Boil rice first in the same pan you are going to cook and keep aside in the bowl or plate you are going to eat in later. Reduce wastage, your clean-up time and make this a one-pot recipe!
1. 1 organic extra firm tofu
2. 3 medium organic tomatoes - as many as you like
3. 2 medium organic yellow onions
4. 2 organic red bell pepper and 1 green bell pepper
5. 1 whole garlic and ginger about 1/2 inch
6. Organic basmati or jasmine rice or any - I used 12 oz.
Spices and oil -
1. Organic coconut oil - 4 tablespoons
2. Cayenne - 1/2 teaspoon first. Taste & then adjust. Or, if not a spice lover, then start with 1/3 teaspoon
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste or 1/2 teaspoon first.
4. Soy aminos - 2-3 tablespoon
5. Red chilli sauce - per taste, optional if you have in fridge - use it
6. Thyme - 1/3 teaspoon.
Top it with -
1. Melt organic coconut butter - yes!! super healthy, kind to you and the planet
2. Organic apple cider vinegar - 2 tablespoons
3. Black pepper
4. Organic ketchup - 1-2 tablespoon - at end if needed
5. 1 bunch organic green onions
Simple steps -
1. Saute ALL veggies in coconut oil until soft and juicy. Add salt, cayenne & thyme per taste. Add red chili sauce, soy aminos, ketchup and mix.
2. Add drained tofu and break into pieces. Now add boiled rice. Mix all.
3. Add toppings (black pepper, coconut butter, ketchup & green onions) and mix.
4. WAIT for 20 mins or so - till food has cooled down and THEN add apple cider vinegar. This is not just for taste but also for health benefits, so we have to do the extra care for its benefits. Mix and enjoy!
To reduce the quantity, all you have to do is reduce the rice quantity accordingly. I would suggest keeping the veggies quantity the same.
To increase more (if making for guests,etc) - Add more rice and add on more veggies/onions of your choice. Simple!
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 3 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 serving each.
Family of 4 - 1 serving each.
NOTE - If wanting to make less quantity, then reduce your rice to only 2/3 cup and reduce your veggies, onions, tomatoes per your choice. Simple!
And do share this fresh rice with your dogs too..:) Just mix in their home-made rice mix and see them gobble it up..:)
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 4 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
3. And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat.
4. Add some bay leaves powder for even more powerful blood sugar balance!
Composting - Also, let's continue our theme of composting. Plz. collect all you veggie ends and compost. Its free organic fertilizer!
Beet-Tomato Soup w/Cilantro
Quick Red Kidney Beans Curry
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Buddhism: What Is Metta Meditation?
[S&I] What is Tantric Sex?
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots