Quick & Eggy Tofu Scramble
Quick tofu scramble with just 2 ingredients! Easy & better than egg scramble! You will absolutely love this very eggy-scramble! One-pot!
Who knew you don't have to put a living, breathing being - an innocent animal in cage for lifetime? Turns out we DON'T need eggs at all! YAY! Turns out we don't need to be cruel and we don't need to cause unnecessary suffering in this world at all! Another YAY!! Much thanks to....tofu!! And now, about the recipe..
I LOVE this recipe! Oh well, let's just say I love tofu - it is versatile and can be added to just about any dish as it soaks in the flavors very well. This particular recipe is what I call a "lazy-day" meal since it is quick, easy, and one-pot. It is perfect for weekdays when you are tired and don't want to spend hours in the kitchen cooking a meal. It is also a very kid-friendly recipe and guest-friendly - make this into wraps or sandwiches and serve! No headache for you and everyone will love it. Plus, at the end, you only have to clean one-pot! And that's a smile on your face! A full win-win situation here!
Make sure you always buy soy that is organic, non-gmo and from your country. And this will not only be just your altruistic contribution to mother Earth but also will be beneficial for your body. Organic, non-gmo products in general are great and such is with soy.
Now as for the recipe, just follow the instructions and you will be out with the main dish and hardly any clean-up in no time. Again, one-pot and great to have for light brunch or lunch or dinner.
1. Organic yellow onions (small) - 4
2. 1 box organic, non-GMO extra firm tofu - drained
3. Green chilies - 1 or 2
Spices and oil -
1. Organic unrefined coconut oil - 6 tablespoons
2. Cayenne - 1/4 Teaspoon (see NOTES below)
3. Black pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
4. Indian Black Salt (Kala Namak) - 1 Teaspoon (mix & taste and THEN, you can add more if needed)
5. Oregano - 1/2 Teaspoon
6. Thyme - 1/2 Teaspoon (mix all & taste, then adjust accordingly)
7. Organic turmeric - 1 Teaspoon
Optional Herbs/Veggies to add -
1. Basil, cilantro or parsley
2. Veggies - Spinach, organic corn, carrots, zucchini, squash, green bell pepper, potatoes of your choice, etc
Simple steps -
1. Watch the video for step-by-step recipe and see the pics below while cooking it!
How To Pair? -
1. You can pair this with gluten-free tortilla wraps. Throw in some lettuce, onions, pickles, or any veggie of your choice and make it a wrap!
2. Pair it with some quinoa on the side or some rice and beans. Or, you can have a light meal and instead go for some soup, salad and this tofu scramble for lunch or dinner.
3. Make it into a bread sandwich - use some coconut butter and gluten-free bread and enjoy it as a sandwich!
1. To increase the quantity (like when cooking for guests) - simply add more tofu, onions or veggies of your choice.
2. Spice Level - This recipe came out spicy. Make sure to omit cayenne pepper or use less, if you are not a spice lover. Remember, we also used green chilies in this recipe. So, adjust your spice level BEFORE adding the green chilies (add only 1) and/or adding cayenne pepper 1/4 spoon or add it at the end AFTER you have tasted your finished meal.
Love your information as you are preparing. Great idea about giving the water from tofu to the plants ,never would have thought about doing that.👍👍👍
Thanks! I had 1 cruel human reply back to my email saying "I love eggs!". I replied saying, "You mean THIS...Check out the photo & have a heart!" What was the photo?! The cost of eggs to the hens...caged for life, producing 300+ eggs per year when Nature would only have them produce 12!!!! Plus, an overly enlarged uterus. When someone writes me something like this, they SURE are going to get a reply. He did...plus a photo.
I make this all the time. The Indian Black Salt is magical!
So nice to hear from you! How have you been?! Believe it or not, I thought of you and all my other vegan friends while making the video. I thought you and people like you, who care, will love this recipe!
I just made and ate this. Here’s my adventure:
Oh dear Pam!!! I knew there's a reason I love your creative spirit! Heck! This is NO longer my recipe! LOL. What you made is something you 'designed' and came up with and enjoyed it. It seems mouth-watering as I was reading it - I could tell and well, except for tempeh and silken tofu,guess what?! I will be trying YOUR brilliant recipe soon but with extra firm tofu! THANK YOU for such a wonderful recipe! hahaha but REALLY! This is so funny! -Somyata.
Leave a Reply.
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Cilantro Chutney with Mint
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
When God Showed Up: A Defining Moment in My Life
Men's Health - Supporting & Healing The Divine Masculine
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots