Easy Tomato-Basil Soup
Quick & perfect on the eyes, is my tomato-basil soup. Rich & creamy & loaded with taste, this soup is made w/herbs like basil & oregano.
One soup that is always in demand and loved by the whole world is tomato-basil soup. And so I thought why not make this in winter and if I am going to do all this work, then why not make the soup super healthy as well? Makes for good taste and a great preventive for an anti-cancer diet.
So, here is why this recipe is so great -
1. Celery! - Celery has got to be one of the most powerful vegetable on this planet. But how many of us munch on celery root? Or, who likes to drink celery juice each day? So, a great way to get celery is to include it in your soup recipes. In fact, the combination of onions, carrots and celery root is used as a soup base to enhance taste and aroma. It's called mirepoix.
So, here your 'how-to-take-celery-in-my-diet' dilemma is solved! Sip up the soup!!
2. My recipe is loaded w/GARLIC! - Not few cloves, now 1 whole but 2 whole garlic are used in this recipe and if you are wondering if that would be a bit more, I assure you that no, it won't be. Do the work and peel the garlic. Yes, peeling garlic takes time but did you ask for anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory recipes? There!
Peel the garlic and throw in whole cloves as it is soup we are
making so no need to waste time chopping it.
3. Includes LOTS of fresh herbs like basil & oregano - Whenever you cook, you must incorporate as many herbs but also the quantity that goes in each bite must be substantial. If you have to change you palette for it, then so be it. In present day world, with gmos, pesticides, pollution and most of all, stress that is taking toll on our bodies, it is even more crucial than ever to take lot of herbs and increase their quantity as well in recipes.
In this recipe, I used 2 whole fresh bunch basil and 1 oregano - though I kept some for my dogs but you can just add all of basil at the end when you garnish and as for fresh oregano, chew on it throughout the soup and use it in juices, etc. You can even throw some oregano leaves in your tea next time!
Remember, recipes like THIS one and many more on this site, are the key to preventing diseases and in lowering your inflammation. So, what's the wait then? Lets make this soup, now!
1. 7-8 organic tomatoes
2. 1 organic red bell pepper
3. 2 large organic red or yellow onion
4. 1 oregano bunch
5. 5 organic celery sticks
6. 4 organic carrots
7. 2 whole garlic
8. 2 bunch basil
Spices and oil -
1. Black pepper - LOTS of it. The more the better in this recipe.
2. Cayenne -1 tablespoon, mix and then taste. Adjust if needed.
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste.
4. Organic unrefined coconut oil to cook
Top with -
1. 1-2 whole lemon
2. Extra virgin olive oil
3. Basil & oregano
Simple Steps - Watch the video or the pics.
Single (Adult portion size - SEE BOWL in the video/pic) - This would serve approx. 4 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 serving each.
Family of 4 - Each a good soup bowl.
All in all, a beautiful, great, tasty soup to make or serve guests during the holidays or anytime!
Have Dogs? Share some with your pooch too! The last pic shows you how I give to my dogs and it is so nutritive for them too. This IS how you prevent onset of diseases in your dog by making sure they get LOTS of colorful nutrients. Let Fido enjoy LIFE & its beautiful colors!! You know what I mean - give some FRESH-OFF-THE-STOVE soup to your dogs!!
Leave a Reply.
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Cilantro Chutney with Mint
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
When God Showed Up: A Defining Moment in My Life
Men's Health - Supporting & Healing The Divine Masculine
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots