This amazing tomato chutney only takes max. 10 mins to make & just 3 ingredients. Sweet, tart & salty all at once, it goes with everything.
I love this tomato chutney, or should I say, tomato and ginger chutney! It was at my aunt's home that I ate it and ever since then, I have been in love with this chutney. The great thing about this chutney is that it goes with everything - wraps, as a dip, or on side with rice dishes. You can also pair it with couscous as well as flat-breads or Indian items like naan, roti, cheela, dose, idli and uttappam.
1. Organic tomatoes -3 medium size
2. Ginger - 2.5 Tablespoons worth, finely chopped
3. Green chilies - 1
Spices, Seeds & Oils -
1. Organic unrefined coconut oil - 4 Tablespoons
2. Organic Cumin seeds - 2 Tablespoons
3. Kashmiri lal mirch (Deegi Mirch) or cayenne or paprika - 1/4 teaspoon first (adjust later at end)
4. Black pepper - 1 Tablespoon
5. Sea salt or Indian Black Salt (kala namak) - 1/2 Teaspoon (or per taste; adjust at end)
6. Jaggery or Coconut sugar to sweeten - 2 Tablespoons (1 Tablespoon at beginning and 1 at end)
Simple steps -
Watch the video/pics for step-by-step recipe and exact measurements.
Quick Beet & Carrot Soup (NEW!)
Quick & Eggy Tofu Scramble
Basil Pesto Pasta w/Walnuts
Some Amazing Articles
Nasya Oil: Ayurvedic Nasal Remedy
All About Turmeric! (NEW)
Activated Charcoal Health Benefits
Some New Recipes
Posto Chutney (NEW!)
Peanut Butter Coffee (NEW!)
Cauliflower-Spinach & Potato Curry
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots