Delight in tomato soup filled with unique flavors like cumin & coriander - a far departure from same-old tomato-basil soup.
Finally! It is here! A far departure from the regular, tomato-basil soup. This soup is great for not just the new taste it offers but also you can use it if you are trying to detox your body or while fasting, you just want to take a bowl or two and sip through this all day. It has a good amount of garlic so adjust the servings according to your taste and your body' tolerance.
So, here is why this recipe is so great -
1. Celery! - Celery has got to be one of the most powerful vegetable on this planet. But how many of us munch on celery root? Or, who likes to drink celery juice each day? So, a great way to get celery is to include it in your soup recipes. In fact, the combination of onions, carrots and celery root is used as a soup base to enhance taste and aroma. It's called mirepoix.
So, here your 'how-to-take-celery-in-my-diet' dilemma is solved! Sip up the soup!!
2. My recipe is loaded w/GARLIC! - Not few cloves, nor 1 whole but 2 whole garlic are used in this recipe and if you are wondering if that would be a bit more, I assure you that no, it won't be. Do the work and peel the garlic. Yes, peeling garlic takes time but did you ask for anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory recipes? There!
Peel the garlic and throw in whole cloves as it is soup we are making so no need to waste time chopping it.
3. Includes LOTS of cumin seeds & coriander - Whenever you cook, you must incorporate as many digestives as possible but also the quantity that goes in each bite must be substantial. If you have to change you palette for it, then so be it. In present day world, with gmos, pesticides, pollution and most of all, stress that is taking toll on our bodies, it is even more crucial than ever to give out digestion lot of support and this can be easily done by increasing their quantity in recipes.
In this recipe, I used 2 whole spoonfuls of cumin seeds. When you blend the soup, the cumin seeds will still be there and will add a crunch to every bite. As with spices like coriander, it also aids in digestion as well as in body's detoxification - making this recipe even better and tastier!
Remember, recipes like THIS one and many more on this site, are the key to preventing diseases and in lowering your inflammation. So, what's the wait then? Lets make this soup, now!
1. 8 organic medium tomatoes
2. 1-2 organic medium/big sweet potato
3. 2 large organic red or yellow onion
5. 2 organic celery sticks
6. 2 organic carrots
7. 2 whole garlic
Spices and oil -
1. Black pepper
2. Cayenne -1 tablespoon, mix and then taste. Adjust if needed.
3. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste.
4. Organic unrefined coconut oil to cook
5. Organic cumin seeds -2 Tablespoons (see video)
6. Coriander spice powder
Top with -
1. 2 whole lemon
Simple Steps - Watch the video or the pics.
Single (Adult portion size - SEE BOWL in the video/pic) - This would serve approx. 4 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - approx. 2 serving each.
Family of 4 - Each a good soup bowl.
All in all, a beautiful, great, tasty soup to make or serve guests anytime!
Have Dogs? Share some with your pooch too! I give to my dogs and it is so nutritive for them too. This IS how you prevent onset of diseases in your dog by making sure they get LOTS of colorful nutrients. Let Fido enjoy LIFE & its beautiful colors!! You know what I mean - give some FRESH-OFF-THE-STOVE soup to your dogs!! Mix some spoonfuls in brown rice and done!
Quick Beet & Carrot Soup (NEW!)
Quick & Eggy Tofu Scramble
Basil Pesto Pasta w/Walnuts
Some Amazing Articles
Nasya Oil: Ayurvedic Nasal Remedy
All About Turmeric! (NEW)
Activated Charcoal Health Benefits
Some New Recipes
Posto Chutney (NEW!)
Peanut Butter Coffee (NEW!)
Cauliflower-Spinach & Potato Curry
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots