Quick, easy & flavorful tomato tadka (tempering) that you can make any weekday - add it to flavor your lentils, beans, curries & even rice!
This tomato tadka (an Ayurvedic concept of tempering where the spices and oils are added together) is great as it is super easy - needs very few ingredients and on top of that, it is quick!
Use this tadka to flavor your (otherwise plain) lentils, beans, legumes, chickpeas or even rice!
Tadka (Tempering) -
1. Organic, UNrefined coconut oil - 4 to 6 Tablespoons (I was tempering a whole pot of lentils!)
2. Asafoetida (Hing) - Pinch's worth or 1/6th teaspoon
3. Cumin seeds - 4 Tablespoons
4. Roma tomatoes - 3 medium juicy ones or 5 small ones
5. Garlic - 1 whole, finely chopped
6. Fenugreek powder - 1 Teaspoon
7. Turmeric - 1 Teaspoon
8. Cayenne or paprika - 1 Teaspoon
9. Himalayan Sea salt - Per Taste or 1.5 Teaspoon
Top with -
1. Fresh squeezed lemon juice
2. Few drizzles of organic mustard oil
1. Add organic coconut oil to your steel pan - keep on low. Add in this order now - fenugreek powder, asafoetida, cumin seeds and turmeric. Sauté for 3-4 mins until cumin seeds are soft.
2. Add garlic and sauté for another 2-3 mins.
3. Now add your tomatoes, sea salt, paprika and sauté on low for 5 mins.
4. Cover and keep on very low for another 5-7 mins till tomatoes have softened and their juices have come out completely. You will also see oil on the top and the sides - your tadka is done and ready! Add some mustard oil on top for that awesome taste!
5. Mix with the lentils of your choice and enjoy with some rice, quinoa, etc.
NOTE - Make sure you adjust the salt since you will be adding some salt in your lentils too and some again in your tadka as well.
Avocado Soup w/Cilantro & Mint
Thai Red Curry in Coconut Milk
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
When God Showed Up: A Defining Moment in My Life
Men's Health - Supporting & Healing The Divine Masculine
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots