Turmeric & Curried Rice Pilaf
Enjoy turmeric rice taken to a whole new level by adding some depth, flavor & strength, courtesy of curry powder & one secret spice mix.
One of the rules I tell people to follow each time they have to make rice is to add some spices, seeds and vegetables to it. What can make this even better? Add some anti-cancer herbs that will not only add the greens but enhance the taste as well.
Here comes my curried rice recipe - it is made with onions, sauteed with garlic, turmeric and bunch of cumin seeds. For flavor and to increase its benefits, we then add some spices like curry powder and cayenne. As if this all is not enough, we then add another spice mix known as biryani powder.
Now, you ask what is biryani powder? Biryani powder is a mix of cloves, cinnamon, anise, cumin, coriander, papaya powder, and many more spices, conveniently grounded into powder form and pre-mixed for your convenience. This spice mix is the reason why biryani, a dish made with saffron and rice, is so loved in India and Pakistan. The aroma, the taste, the spices that bring the flavor to biryani are all in the biryani powder. So, I decided to use it and wow!; the result was pretty good..:)
What else? Onions, garlic, turmeric, cayenne AND cilantro are all known as powerful cancer fighters.
When you eat food, what else is needed? A digestive! You want that the food you are eating is getting digested well by your body and is reaping you the benefits its meant to. So, in recipes, add on some cumin seeds; not only will they add some flavor but will also enhance the digestive power of your gut. And one more thing - don't add only a teeny-tiny bit; no, you need to add 1-2 good large spoonful so that in every bite, in every portion, you are getting a good amount into your body.
1. 1- 2 whole garlic (yes! load up on sulfur!)
2. Organic rice - 8 oz (I used jasmine here, boiled)
3. Organic cilantro - 1 whole bunch, chopped rough or fine, your choice
4. 2 Organic yellow onions
Spices and Oils -
1. Organic turmeric - 1 whole teaspoon - don't skip it!!..:)
2. Organic, UN-refined coconut oil - 6 tablespoons
3. Cayenne - per taste
4. Organic Himalayan sea salt - per taste or add 1/2 teaspoon first & adjust if needed.
5. Cumin seeds - 2 whole tablespoon
6. Organic curry powder
7. Biryani powder
Top with -
1. Organic chopped cilantro
Simple Steps -
1. See video for exact spice measurement and step-by-step instructions.
Single (Adult portion size) - This would serve approx. 4 servings.
2 people (Adult portion size) - 2 serving each.
Family of 4 - Each a good rice bowl.
For those with SUGAR issues:-
If you have sugar issues, you can still enjoy this recipe with 4 very simple, easy options!
1. REDUCE the quantity of rice and add some quinoa. So, you can do, say, 30% rice to 70% quinoa. You can make this separately in advance if you like.
2. OR, you can eliminate rice completely - make the recipe as is, and mix in quinoa instead of rice.
3. And remember, to add some Ceylon cinnamon to your food when cooking AND when ready to eat.
4. Add some bay leaves powder for even more powerful blood sugar balance! Happy Cooking!
Compost - Plz. compost (your FREE organic fertilizer) OR if you live in apartments/condos, then just plz. throw the ends between tall grass or bushes. Earth will be SO happy and will thank you for the extra nutrients. Plus, let's stop using plastic bags for such ridiculous reasons!
Leave a Reply.
Alonti's Pesto Pasta
Cilantro Chutney with Mint
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
When God Showed Up: A Defining Moment in My Life
Men's Health - Supporting & Healing The Divine Masculine
[S&I] Complete Yoni Massage Guide
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots