This recipe is super-healthy! No gluten - ONLY chickpea flour, spinach, onions, tomatoes & ginger-garlic. Perfect for lunch-box.
This is also called cheela or chilla in Hindi and is made very often in Indian homes. Make the batter and store in fridge for 2 to 4 days easily. And let's continue to use ceramic pans - much healthier than non-stick pans.
It is rich in protein, fiber and by adding spinach, we add more green nutrients. You can have it as a snack in the evening or even for breakfast as it is very healthy weight-loss recipe. You can also enjoy it as a main meal - wrap some veggies in it, pair it with some lentils or beans or enjoy it as is with some ketchup.
Ingredients - This makes about 3-4 chilla
1. Chickpea/gram/besan flour - approx. 1 cup
2. Garlic - Ginger - can be paste or per choice
3. 1 Organic cilantro bunch
4. 1 organic red onion
5. 2 tomatoes
6. 1-2 green chili
Spices and oils -
1. Organic coconut oil
2. Organic Himalayan sea salt
3. Cayenne - 1/3 teaspoon first then adjust more if needed
4. Turmeric - 1 tablespoon!!
5. Cumin/coriander - optional - 1/2 teaspoon each
Simple steps -
1. Mix all ingredients and spices and add water - start with 1/2 cup. The batter should be thin but thick enough to put on pan. See pics below. After mixing, put oil on pan and make your first amazing cheela! Enjoy!
Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
Raw Onion Chutney w/Tamarind
Dal Tadka in Clay Pot (NEW!)
Some Amazing Articles
Benefits of Cooking in Clay Pots
Fenugreek: A Divine Spice (NEW!)
Spirituality - The Tree & His Dreams
Benefits of Oil Pulling Remedy
Some Quick Recipes
Cruciferous Veggie Pulao (NEW!)
Beet & Carrot Veggie Juice (NEW!)
Avocado Soup w/Cilantro
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
How To Test for Lead in Clay Pots