Enjoy this quick veggie omelette made with chickpea flour, onions, cilantro & many more goodies! One-pot meal.
Gluten-free & dairy-free, this is an amazing recipe for weight loss, sugar balance, hormone balance and for prevention of diseases like cancer. Give it a try! and you won't regret it.
This is also called cheela in Hindi and is made very often in Indian homes. Make the batter and store in fridge for up-to 4 days easily.
Some great pointers to remember when making this cheela -
1. When you need to use the batter, just take it out the fridge and mix it again before putting it on the pan.
2. Another thing to remember is to keep your pan on low heat and let the pancake cook fully. Do NOT touch the cheela or you will cause it to stick to the pan and burn. Patience is a virtue.
3. Once the cheela is brown on the sides and the surface color has changed to darker, then slightly move it with a spoon or knife from the side to check if it sticks to the pan or not. If not, your cheela is done from that side and is now ready to be flipped.
4. If your cheela moves easily on the pan, then that also means it is ready to be flipped and is completely done on that side.
5. Use little bit of oil on the sides and on the pan surface. Watch the video for full steps.
6. And let's continue to use ceramic pans - much healthier than non-stick pans.
Ingredients - This makes about 4 cheela
1. Chickpea/gram/besan flour - approx. 1.5 cup
2. Garlic - Ginger - can be paste or per choice
3. Organic cilantro
4. Organic red onion
5. Tomato -1 small
6. Green chili - 1
Spices and oils -
1. Organic coconut oil or mustard oil - 1 spoon per cheela (see video)
2. Organic Himalayan sea salt
3. Cayenne - 1/3 Tsp first then adjust more if needed
4. Turmeric - 1 Tsp
5. Cumin/coriander - optional - 1/2 Tsp each
6. Black pepper
Simple steps -
1. Watch the video and see step-by-step pics.
How to Pair?
1. Chutneys - Cheela is best paired with some ketchup or you can pair it with my Tomato Chutney or Green Chutney. It will also pair well with my Onion Chutney.
2. Veggies - You can also use this as a wrap and pair it with some veggies. Try my easy recipe of Cabbage with Green Peas or Cabbage with Swiss Chard or Cauliflower with Peas & Carrot. They both will go excellent with this cheela.
3. Lentils - Check out my many recipes of lentils and beans on this page. Pair it with any of the recipe and you are sure to enjoy!
Do let me know what was your experience with this cheela - a.k.a veggie omelette recipe and what you paired it with. Happy cooking and eating!
Raw Onion Chutney w/Tamarind
Spinach-Potato (Aalo-Palak Recipe)
Sweet Potato Salad w/Kale
Some Amazing Articles
10 Best Holiday Gift Ideas
12 Best Gift Ideas for Dogs
Neem for Health, Beauty & Organic Gardening
Some New Recipes
Silky Chocolate Mousse (NEW!)
Flattened Rice w/Curry Leaves
Cauliflower-Spinach & Potato Curry (NEW!)
Clay Pots Series (Videos)
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
My Mexican Clay Pots! (NEW Video)
Breast Cancer: A Full Comprehesive Guide (NEW!)