Bored & need to cook something quick and easy? Try these flavorful, colorful recipes that are healthy, gluten-free, dairy-free & well, family- & kid-friendly!
1. Our first recipe starts with a drink - no other than my Turmeric Milk recipe. We want to keep our immunity high while enjoying something that is easy to make and quick. This is why this recipe made it here. It gives immunity as well as warms the taste buds.
POST - Turmeric Milk w/Spices
2. Our second recipe is one of colorful salad! Hint of spices, fresh nutrients and one-pot makes this salad one of my absolute favorite. This is a great way to get your kids to eat some kale, if they are not fond of this very famous green vegetable. Another great point about this salad is that it requires very few ingredients yet is filling and very satisfying. Give it a try!
POST - Sweet Potato Salad w/Kale
3. How about some RAW chutney? Super tasty and rich with green antioxidant power, this green cilantro and mint chutney does not disappoint! It goes great on the side with rice pilaf, or even as flavor enhancer in soups, lentils, beans, and as a spread. This recipe's best part? It only takes 5-mins! Throw everything in the processor and you are done!
POST - Cilantro Chutney w/Mint
4. Now, what can you pair with this chutney that is easy, quick and requires very few ingredients? Can we have some Turmeric Rice that gives us the immunity boost and some flavors to enjoy?! You bet!!
And, how long will this recipe take to make? Approx. 20 mins! You bet!! Again.
POST - Cilantro Rice w/Turmeric
5. How about some soup? Ya. I am talking about a delicious to-die-for soup that only takes 5-mins to whip up and you, your family, the kids and well, even the neighbors are going to love! Here is my recipe for RAW avocado soup - very few ingredients, 5-mins, and well, 'one-pot!' Enjoy!
POST - Avocado Soup w/Cilantro & Mint
6. OK. How about some pasta? Kids are at home; you are going crazy and you want that rich and filling dish that will keep them full for sometime! Here's one of my very favorite pasta recipes - Basil Pesto Pasta w/Walnuts. One of the reasons why I decided to include this particular recipe in this article is because it requires very limited ingredients and on top of that, besides the pesto, it is one-pot. All you do is make the pesto and well, add it to rest of the recipe in the pot! Check it out.
POST - Basil Pesto Pasta w/Walnuts
7. How about something light for a change? Here's my vermicelli recipe that is mild in spices, very light to the tummy, and yet, very satisfying to the taste buds. All you need for this recipe are some tomatoes, onions and green bell pepper. Everyone has ketchup and some vinegar and you are done in no time!
POST - Mild, Flavorful, Rice Vermicelli
8. How about some delicious red kidney beans> Now, I must say, that this recipe is only one-pot if you like to use canned beans - I don't. Never, ever, never! But that is your choice. Otherwise, you can soak and boil your kidney beans and then keep them aside in a bowl you will eat in later. Make the tempering/tadka according to the video and it will be one-pot!
Filled with savory seeds like black seeds, cumin seeds, hint of asafoetida, and so on, this recipe is quick and requires very few produce isle ingredients! Check it out and you can pair it with my rice recipe above. Add in some Cilantro Chutney and you are in for some real ethnic flavors!
POST - Quick Red Kidney Beans Curry
9. Like you some potatoes?! Yes. Me too! I love potatoes and if cooked right, they are one of the most nutrient dense foods. If cooked wrong, they become America's Mickey D's french fries!! Yikes!
OK. Here is one amazing recipe of crispy, spicy potatoes where we use Indian Black Salt for seasoning. One of the healthiest salts on the planet! If you have been with The Garden Recipe for sometime, then you know we have discussed this salt many times. It is rich in sulfur (hence, its pungent aroma) and is powerfully anti-inflammatory and immune boosting. And the taste?! Oh my!....it adds that depth of flavor that you love in your favorite Indian restaurants. Give this recipe a try and you will surely love it!
Another great part about this recipe? Make a large batch and you can make it into crispy sandwiches anytime!
POST - Crispy Potatoes
10. Finish off your meals with this antioxidant rich pumpkin drink. Rich in healthy fats like cocoa butter, almond milk, and then some pumpkin and banana, this is a great way to keep kids healthy while enjoying a completely guilt-free drink for yourself! Check out this 5-mins, one-pot drink recipe that truly warms the taste buds.
POST - Cacao, Pumpkin & Banana Shake
Delicious Recipe Videos
Tadka with Fenugreek (NEW!)
Cruciferous Veggie Pulao (NEW!)
Quick Kidney Beans Curry
Some Amazing Articles
Fenugreek: A Divine Spice (NEW!)
Spirituality - The Tree & His Dreams
Asafoetida: A Pinch of a Cure
Thai Red Curry w/Tofu
Quick Chickpeas Curry w/Amla
Clay Pot Series Videos
Clay Pots Buying Guide in India
Bringing Clay Pots from India to US
My Beautiful Clay Pots REVEALED!
Which Clay Pot is Right for You?
Some Helpful Articles
Cancer: A Beautiful Blessing
Learn the Basics: What is Cancer?
All About Spices in Indian Cooking
CCF Tea: Ayurvedic Tea for Digestion & Detoxification